I've been knitting away the evenings on a very cosy project - the Union Square Shawl from Weekend Knitting. And this time, I am striving to enjoy the process, not just anticipate the completion. But while I knit, thoughts niggle at me.
- I am a child of the 70's. Should I even contemplate wearing a poncho?
- The wool, though soft, sheds like anything. Is this a serious no-no in a garment designed to be flung on over other things?
- Beige isn't really me. If Kristina knit it, I would think it was understated, classic and beautiful (just like her). But for me? It brings to mind porridge. I'm just not a beige girl.
- Surely the fact that the yarn was super-duper cheap in the John Lewis sale should make up for its shortcomings in the colour department?
- Poncho poncho poncho - it's one of those words which if repeated over and over again starts to look as if it is a word you just invented.
- I am in love with the baby cable pattern. Not least because it gives the illusion that I know how to do cables, when in fact, I have no idea whatsoever!
- I only have 3 balls left to knit. So near and yet so far.