A long overdue introduction. The ginger chap on the left is Reggie. His original name. And the tabby girl on the right is Toast.
So, after several weeks of cat ownership, what can I tell you?
- I thought we weren't going to be allowed to take them home at all when Johnny asked in a loud voice at the animal shelter 'Mummy, can you eat cat?'.
- Naming by committee is a dangerous thing. Toast was half of the 'Marmalade and Toast' suggestion by Anne. I feel I will be explaining that name choice for some time...
- Confronting a litter tray first thing in the morning is a real downer. They are now free to roam outside, but somehow still prefer the indoor facilities. I am on a mission to put an end to this.
- They are camera shy. How did I not think to have screen-tested them before we adopted?! But then, I also failed to put 'as photographic props' on the form where it asked why you wanted to re-home a cat.
- The 'no cats on the beds when we are sleeping' rule lasted about ten seconds. I think I have pushover in cat runes tattooed on my forehead.
- Reggie's favourite way of getting attention is to plonk his furry backside on top of the computer mouse. Evidently, being scratched with the left hand is not good enough. My keyboard is getting rather hairy.