Picnic, that is. We are big fans of outdoor food and mix it up with a playground, oodles of children, chums old and new to chat with, chocolate eggs and a handcrafted goodies swap and it's the recipe for a very good day indeed.
I am an absolutely hideous event reporter, due to my giant inattention to detail problems. But the occasional snippet does lodge in my fuzzy head, so in no particular order, some impressions from the day:
- Thankfully, weather forecasts are not to be trusted
- It was almost certain to be the right group I was approaching, when I overheard, "Sorry, what was your name again?"
- A very stylish picnic quilt
- "Is that one of ours?" - spotting a mid sized child emerging at the top of a clump 0f trees
- Discussion on the clothing dilemmas of a Little Cotton Rabbit
- At least 3 socks on knitting needles
- Missing our absent friends
- Bloggers wear very good shoes
- Even when your offspring are far more grown up, mothers remember how to make little ones smile
- Tepee talk
- Lots and lots and lots of laughter
Wish I could bundle up the warm, fuzzy feelings that a get-together inevitably creates. I even have the perfect spot to keep them. A quilted project bag, from Kate - thank you so much! And as if that wasn't enough, I had to swipe her photo of it, because it is too dark to take my own now.
Lucy, you are a star for organizing everything. Don't suppose you'd like to sort out my summer holiday dilemmas too would you?